1. I am deathly afraid of bees. I can’t even watch them on TV without getting the willies and running away screaming. I was going to add (someone else’s) pictures to this post, but I googled “bees” and was so freaked out, I hid under my desk in the fetal position. Needless to say, I broke up with Google. He knows I can’t look at pictures of people covered in bees.
2. I’m adopted. And have never pursued a search for my biological parents. I already have parents. Why do I need more?
3. I don’t lose things. However, by saying this now, I will lose something imperative to my survival.
4. I haven’t had a haircut in over a year. Sad, I know.
5. I am really good at Scrabble. And really bad at Chess. And if I ever get on Wheel of Fortune? Watch out. I’m taking home the Mercedes. Although I’d rather have the cash. Do you know what the taxes would be on a Mercedes??
6. I have a distinct hatred for certain words. Especially ones that have an “oi” sound. I cringe at the thought of the one that starts with an “m” and ends with an “st.” You will never hear me say it. But on the contrary, there are also words that I love. Like “pulse,” “breath,” and “persevere.”
7. I’ve been told that my music collection looks like it belongs to a lesbian. Which I am assuming is a HUGE compliment because Ani DiFranco is so frickin’ amazing that I’ve dedicated 37% of my iPods memory to her music.
8. I still miss my last apartment. I painted horizontal stripes down the 26′ long hallway. It rocked my socks off. I wish I had somewhere in my current house to paint stripes. My husband is really glad we don’t.
9. We are going to die in this house. I’m emotionally fragile and I don’t think I can take getting to know a new house, with new problems. So, I guess I will never have stripes again.
10. We have a cemetery behind our house. So, the next time I do move, at least it isn’t far. Maybe someone will paint stripes in my casket. That would make me eternally happy.
11. Although I think I want to be cremated.
Today I am being featured on Talk About Me Tuesday over at The Not-So-Secret Confessions of a First Time Mom! I hope you’ll stop by and check it out!