Close your eyes… Now imagine in front of you there is a big bowl of steamy, creamy, cheesy, noodley goodness…
Now open your eyes. And pretend that image is on this post. Because my food photography leaves much to be desired and I don’t want to discourage you from making this recipe by posting my awful photos.
I’m working on this, but it’s an added challenge that my house is like a cave filled with only artificial lighting. Artificial lighting which makes food look like science experiments. Sigh.
Update: I made this for lunch over the weekend and was able to take a relatively decent looking photo! Still not PW material, but it’s progress.
But on to the awesomeness that is mac ‘n cheese!
And seriously, this recipe is no more difficult or time-consuming than opening up a blue box. All it requires is one pot, three ingredients, and 20 minutes. And a spoon. Although if you just want to dig in caveman style, I won’t tell.
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups dry macaroni noodles
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Combine milk and macaroni in a large saucepan.
- Cook on medium-low heat for approximately 20 minutes, stirring often. (Add a little more milk if mixture looks a little dry.)
- Once the noodles are soft, Turn. Off. The. Heat.
- Add your shredded cheese and stir to incorporate.
Don’t be afraid to mix things up a little with different cheeses or perhaps some spices. (Cayenne, anyone??) I highly recommend goat cheese. But what doesn’t goat cheese make better?