12 projects in one year. That’s one project per month. I’m thinking even a lazy mom like myself can handle that. (…?)
And because I’m all about
shaming myself accountability this year, I figured I would state my intentions early so that you all are my witnesses. I WILL BE PRODUCTIVE THIS YEAR! Plus reporting back on the completed projects will be great blog fodder.
So, in no particular order, here are the 12 projects I plan to complete this year.
1) Blog redesign. (I already did this!) If you haven’t seen DMB’s new fresher, cleaner look, you need to swing by and check it out! 2) Fix broken tile in hallway. It’s only been a year (or more) since the tiles first came loose. I did make one half-assed attempt to fix them last fall, but I didn’t do it right and they were wiggling and creaking a week later. This time I am going to try it the right way (and probably give up half way through sanding the durock and half-ass it again). 3) Take a cake decorating class. (Already registered.) This is something my cousin and I have been talking about for awhile, so for her Christmas/birthday present, I registered us for a beginning class.
4) WordPress migration for K. Mae Designs. I am excited to start branching out into web design and blog migrations and Kim at K. Mae Designs had enlisted me to do her design a few months back and now she’s taking the plunge to WordPress!
5) Remove moldy caulk from bathtub. Um, yeah. Ew. Even if I can’t get a new tub right now, I am finally going to at least clean out the mold.
6) Mend/refresh/repurpose old clothing. I have an entire laundry basket of clothes that need mending, resizing, and the like. I think some items can be salvaged with a little TLC, but that will be a separate post.
7) Try lacto-fermenting. Allison walks around all the time feeding us pickled peppers (from an episode of Dora), so I thought I’d give pickling (or the healthier version of lacto-fermenting) a shot to let her try the real thing.
8) Make olive oil bar soap. Every year I ask for Burt’s Bees peppermint shower soap in my stocking, except this year it was nowhere to be found. So I want to try my own “scratchy soap” with the added benefits of olive oil.
9) Paint kitchen trim. Still. Needs. To. Be. Done.
10) Clean out files. I started this process last year, but only got about halfway through. And I’ve acquired more paper clutter since then. But I switched everything over to paperless billing and I have a date with the shredder to get through the rest.
11) Make this yarn wreath. And since I have this yarn left over from my failed rug hooking project, I figured I should do something with it.
12) Make house more energy-efficient by sealing doors, windows, and ducts. We have gaps around every door, windows that won’t latch properly, and our ventilation ducts have holes in them. Seriously, someone previously in the house cut a big hole into our return air duct and I have no idea why. I’m hoping we can save a little money by patching the leaks, but more than likely any savings will be minimal since old houses just aren’t super energy-efficient. But at least I’ll feel better for trying.
What projects do you have planned for this year?