This week has been just nutty with wacky schedules, lots of appointments, and a headache that. just. won’t. quit. I’m feeling pretty weak by today. So, I thought a little progress report on my 2012 goals would hopefully re-inspire me to stay away from the vending machine for another day.
- Go Gluten Free I’ve been rocking the hell out of this! Assuming you don’t count the sneaky gluten in chicken tortilla soup and Milky Way bars. And I refuse to give up oats on the chance that they *might* have cross-contamination. I honestly can’t tell if it’s helping much, so after the six-week detox, I’m going to go eat a cheeseburger and I’ll let you know if I notice a difference.
- C25k I did week 1 day 1 (again) yesterday on my lunch break. The hardest part is convincing myself it’s not a total pain to put on my running clothes. But once I’m on the treadmill, it’s not bad. (Except for the constant feeling that my sock is falling into my shoe because of the neuropathy I have in my legs.)
- Regular Stretching I also figured out how to do the yoga routine on my BL Wii game. I just did the 10 minute workout as a trial the other night, but I totally dig it. My arms are even actually a little sore.
- Go To Bed/Wake Up 30 Minutes Earlier This will be the key to actually doing said yoga. Because I really struggle with exercising at night (or more precisely don’t anything productive at night). I just need to build some new habits that don’t involve staying up to watch sitcoms in bed.
- Pay Off Last Credit Card I’m feeling a little out of control of our finances since I changed things around at the beginning of the month, so I’m not entirely sure how much will go towards the credit card this month. But I still have a week to study the budget and try to find a system that works better for controlling spending.
- Earn an Extra $100/month This is a work in progress as well.
- Save for a New (to us) Car So the roof started leaking the other night, so I’m not sure how soon this is going to start, but I’m keeping it on the goals anyways.
- At Home Date Nights Man, do I need a date night. I don’t say that very often, but I am in some desperate need of grown up conversation, with drinks. We’ve got plans for Valentine’s Day, but I’m hoping to schedule some adult time (get your minds out of the gutter) in the near future.
- Structured Playtime/Activities for Allison I haven’t really gotten around to planning out many activities for her, but we’ve cut back the Dora tv time, so that’s a start. I do have a couple of ideas, but they involve unburying my desk and printing out some coloring/activity sheets and that keeps getting bumped on my to do list.
- Reduce Waste/Trash I’ve got another Food Waste Friday post ready to go up tomorrow, which makes three weeks in a row! It’s not going to be pretty, but I am seeing some progress.
- Cleaning: It’s a Good Thing I left the kitchen with such a mess last night. The dishwasher was full and I didn’t want to empty it (read: headache didn’t want to empty it), so all the dinner dishes are piled on the sink and what didn’t fit (a carving board covered in chicken trimmings) was left on the counter. I was even so lazy as to throw the chicken carcass back in the crock pot rather than packaging it. At least I’ll get stock out of the deal. Matt was off today, so I felt bad leaving it for him, but better him than my mother-in-law.
- Tackle One Home Repair Project Per Month I’ve made some serious progress in my 12 projects for 2012 list! At least I’ve started four things on the list. One of which was a home improvement project.
- Budget Time for Hobbies I am currently taking a cake decorating class with my cousin. I wasn’t planning on doing it until next month, but there was a scheduling issue that bumped it up. The first class was fun, but I have to say I’m not fond of the homework…
- Git Ma Hair Did Hair appointment next Monday! But I have yet to buy a new razor and my eyebrows are in desperate need of separation. Sigh.
- Intentional Blogging To be perfectly honest, I’m not really sure where I’m going with this. I’ve lost focus this week and have been struggling to write valuable content. Hopefully this weekend I can recharge and get lots of great posts ready for next week!
How are you doing on your New Year’s Resolutions, I mean, 2012 goals?