I feel like I’m actually doing pretty well in this whole goal setting game. Not only am I accomplishing more, but Matt’s even getting a little excited about it and making suggestions.
Here’s how I’m doing on my 2012 goals. (To read last week’s goal update, click here.)
- Go Gluten Free Sunday will mark six weeks gluten-free. And as a final test of the benefit (or lack thereof) of the diet, we are going out for pizza. If I get sick, we’ll know it helped. So the only question is Pizza Hut or Papa Johns?
- C25k I ran once last week. Not exactly my goal, but better than the big fat ZERO the week before. That makes three times in January. But one thing that was different last time was that I felt noticeably better afterwards and that’s pretty motivating. Hopefully it won’t take me another month to get through week 2.
- Regular Stretching I did yoga again last night with Allison. Although I’m pretty sure she thinks yoga is climbing on mommy while she is trying to balance in strange positions. But it’s pretty stinkin’ cute to watch her assume the warrior pose.
- Go To Bed/Wake Up 30 Minutes Earlier Sigh. This is so hard. I just can’t get my butt to bed. But I have finished How I Met Your Mother on NetFlix, so that’s one less distraction.
- Pay Off Last Credit Card I can’t wait until the end of the month to make that final payment! Hopefully we will also have our tax return by then and we can allocate some of that money towards my car loan.
- Earn an Extra $100/month I have been exploring some new ideas for generating income on the blog but I’m a little undecided on how I feel about advertising. What do you guys think? Do you hate reading blogs with ads?
- Save for a New (to us) Car This is going to start much sooner now that the credit card will be paid off. Sqeeee!
- At Home Date Nights Our second attempt at an “at home date” Saturday didn’t quite go as planned. We ended up running errands after dinner and not getting home until after 8:30 so the munchkin went to bed late and I’m pretty sure we watched tv or something after that. But we do have a REAL date planned for the 17th, so I’m super excited to spend some time with the hubby.
- Structured Playtime/Activities for Allison Allison loves playing “school!” Or more precisely drawing with dry erase markers. But she also loves getting answers right (totally my kid) so I’d say this has been a huge success. We’ve also had a lot of fun playing with different things around the house, like building a car ramp out of 1×6 boards and using kitchen tools to make fun shapes with play dough (garlic press = awesome!). Next I’d like to incorporate some new craft projects, but I may need to pick up a few supplies first.
Home Maintenance Goals
- Reduce Waste/Trash I’ve been kinda tired of working in the kitchen lately, so I’m not surprised our food waste has been a little rough, but I have been doing well reducing my consumption of paper products. I’ve pulled out the cloth napkins and have only used paper towels to sop up spills because my kitchen towels don’t absorb worth a crap.
- Cleaning: It’s a Good Thing I feel like I’m pretty much back to square one on this since I can write in the dust in our bedroom and I want to throw up every time I look at the baseboards in the bathroom. But I did mop the kitchen last week and the downstairs is clean(er) than it has been in awhile with the exception of random toys everywhere, so I guess that’s progress?
- Tackle One Home Repair Project Per Month I’m sprinting out of the gate with this one. This weekend I decided the broken tile has. to. go. And it would have been done already if I hadn’t run out of tile adhesive and the grout we had hadn’t hardened into a solid block. But it will be done tonight!
- Budget Time for Hobbies I think this is going to be the month of the blog. I’m feeling a little behind on maintenance (is it me or does the font on my header look blurry?) and I have K.mae Designs’ migration on my schedule.
- Self Care Last Thursday I hung out with one of our neighbors while Matt was out of town camping (yay unseasonably warm weather!). It was really good to have a grown up conversation with someone that doesn’t already know everything about me.
- Intentional Blogging I am thinking that perhaps I have too many regular posts. Between Meal Plan Monday and Food Waste Friday and now the Goals Updates on Tuesdays, it doesn’t leave much room for other content. I even have other posts written and ready to go, but no time to schedule them! So, I think the goals updates are going to be a monthly occurence, although I will probably still do a beginning of the month goal write up and a month end review.
What are you hoping to accomplish this month?